Representative Matters Handled by Monty A. McIntyre
Business and Complex Litigation
◦ Obtained a unanimous jury verdict (12-0) for his business defense clients in a business fraud case where the plaintiffs asked the jury to award over $12 million in damages. Later obtained a judge verdict for his defense clients on the remaining equitable issues where the plaintiff asked for over $13 million in damages.
◦ Represented a management company as the plaintiff in a federal business litigation and Indian law case. Negotiated a $2.68 million stipulated judgment while awaiting the United States Supreme Court’s decision regarding certiorari.
◦ Obtained a unanimous jury verdict (12-0) for his business defense client in a promissory fraud case where plaintiff sought over $1 million in damages
◦ Obtained a unanimous jury verdict (12-0) for his business plaintiff client, and payment in full of a judgment of $267,080.66, in a breach of oral contract case arising from the purchase of ten percent (10%) of a forty percent (40%) membership interest in a limited liability company
◦ Successfully defended a Fortune 500 company in a case alleging fraud and mismanagement in the operation of an ambulatory surgery center.
◦ Represented a major pharmaceutical company as the plaintiff in a construction case involving failed exterior metal panels. Successfully obtained a settlement of over $1.3 million.
◦ Defended a major league baseball player against claims of sexual abuse. Successfully arranged a pre-lawsuit deposition of the plaintiff, and a pre-lawsuit mediation where the case was settled confidentially.
◦ Successfully defended a British online retail company against claims including breach of contract and fraud arising from the purchase of a music inspired clothing company that had been created by one of the founders of the band Blink 182.
◦ Successfully defended directors and officers of two California corporations from claims of fraud, mismanagement and breach of fiduciary duty made by minority shareholders.
◦ Defended a multi-million dollar public works contracting corporation from claims by a person alleging they owned a ten percent (10%) shareholder interest in the company.
◦ Defended a general contractor from catastrophic tort claims by a plaintiff who suffered a double amputation.
◦ Represented plaintiffs and defendants in corporate, partnership, and limited liability company disputes among shareholders, partners and members.
Bad Faith Litigation
◦ Obtained an insurance bad faith settlement of $7 million for a company whose fire loss claim was denied by an excess carrier.
◦ Obtained a $1.6 million settlement for a physician whose disability claim was denied by his carrier.
◦ Secured a bad faith judgment of $1.06 million for a physician denied indemnity by his carrier.
◦ Successfully assisted numerous disability or life insurance claimants in getting their claims paid.
◦ Successfully obtained defense and indemnity for numerous policyholders under liability policies.
◦ Successfully defended insurance carriers in numerous bad faith cases.
Brain Injury Litigation
◦ Obtained a settlement of $19 million for a brain-injured client.
◦ Obtained a $1.1 million settlement for a brain-injured client.
Land Use Litigation
◦ Successfully represented developers and business entities in CEQA and land use litigation.
Wrongful Death Litigation
◦ Successful representation of numerous heirs and families in numerous wrongful death cases.
◦ Successfully represented plaintiffs and defended individuals and business entities in numerous business, CEQA, corporate, construction, fraud, insurance bad faith, land use, limited liability company, partnership, personal injury, medical malpractice, real property and wrongful death cases.
◦ Representation of medical professionals in California Medical Board and hospital administrative proceedings, and attorneys in State Bar court proceedings.